[Mediawiki-l] Giberish - by bots?

Seth Marbin smarbin at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 01:31:04 UTC 2007

I have been having the same problem (random gibberish edits) on my
teampedia.net for the past few weeks.
I am already using ConfirmEdit, but only have the default setting enabled
(thus no captcha for all edits).

I am considering two options:
- Disabling anonymous edits (i.e. requiring users to register before
editing/adding)
- Changing it so the captchas trigger on any edit.

Any advice about which way to go?

Thanks, -Seth