[Mediawiki-l] how to create a bureaucrats group which in turn gives access to other people to make edits.

shirish shirishag75 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 09:52:39 UTC 2007

Hi all,
        I'm making/playing with a wiki site where I want to make a
"user group"  who in turn will give access to other people to do
edits/submissions stuff like that.  No anonymous editing is done.
Right now I've done

# Prevent new user registrations except by sysops
$wgGroupPermissions['*']['createaccount'] = false;

This is done in LocalSettings.php

which basically prevents anybody from doing any edits except a single
user.  I am using MySQL as my database. I saw this which might have
the goods which I need
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:%24wgGroupPermissions but unable
to make sense of it.
         Can somebody help/guide me.

Regards,
--
          Shirish Agarwal

065C 6D79 A68C E7EA 52B3  8D70 950D 53FB 729A 8B17