[Mediawiki-l] Enabling "open" of certain mime types when using [[Media:trash.doc]] syntax

Pond, Jack JPond at montcopa.org
Thu Nov 1 20:01:45 UTC 2007

I would like the option to "open" a downloaded file (for example a .doc
file) instead of download then open.  For example syntax [[media.trash.doc]]

I'm using img_auth which eventually uses mimemagic.php.  While the type of
the image file is properly displayed on the Image:trash.doc page, wiki
(application/msword), when the download starts, I get a "type: Unknown File
Type" in the download panel.  Suspect this occurs in mimemagic.php and may
be correctable through the appropriate modification of mime.types and/or
mime.info, but frankly I'm baffled.

Any ideas (other than "MediaWiki is not a Content Management System . . .")

Jack

"Stress is just another word for knowledge" -- Scott Adams