[Mediawiki-l] Is MediaWiki-l dysfunctional? What is it good for, really? and Re: Any leads on a basic wiki setup-and-configure instruction manual?

John Lyon jelyon at jelyon.com
Fri May 25 18:50:39 UTC 2007

Fact of the matter is:

You MUST have a functioning Apache install.

You MUST have a functioning PHP install.

You MUST have a functioning mySQL install.

It's not important what those are for. They could be for WordPress. Or
Drupal. Or MediaWiki. Or Short URL script. Or Gallery2. Point is, you have
to have the prerequisites installed and working.

I most highly strongly unequivocally without reservation recommend you use
WAMP to install the three packages.

If you can't because you don't have proper administrative access to the OS,
then you are out of luck. Like trying to get backstage to see John Prine if
you don't have an after show pass. T'ain't gonna happen, and no amount of
beseeching other fans on the JP list is gonna make it so.

Seriously. WAMP. The link's been given.

Peace. Out.

--
John Lyon | Austin TX