[Mediawiki-l] Templates stop rendering mid-page on large article on WP

Platonides Platonides at gmail.com
Fri May 25 13:45:05 UTC 2007

HumanCell.org escribió:
> In this article on wikipedia the templates stop rendering at some
> point during the article.   Is there a limit to article size or the
> number of templates that is causing this?  Or is it just a syntax
> error which has so far eluded me?
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Prolog_standards_compliance

Yes, there is. You can check it by viewing the html source:
<!--
Pre-expand include size: 2047926 bytes
Post-expand include size: 474340 bytes
Template argument size: 17753 bytes
Maximum: 2048000 bytes
-->
I substed some hundreds of {{Yes}}, so now it almost renders. (It got
<!-- WARNING: template omitted, pre-expand include size too large -->) A
single page shouldn't need so many templates. They make it 4 times bigger!