[Mediawiki-l] Purpose of the Digest

Jim Wilson wilson.jim.r at gmail.com
Thu May 24 16:45:56 UTC 2007

Dear digest subscribers,

The digest version of this list is a great resource - especially for those
who don't want a continuous flow of incoming messages.  However, it's not
appropriate in all cases.

If you ask the list for help with an issue, please do not rely on the digest
for a response.  Subscribe to the actual list.

I like to be helpful and answer my fellow MediaWiki users' and admins'
questions.  Many times this requires probing for more detail about the
particular problem from said person - and this necessitates an actual dialog
(in which a digest subscriber is unable to participate).

So please, PLEASE, subscribe to the actual list if you want to ask
questions.  If you just want to troll for knowledge or occasionally chime
in, then the digest should be a valuable resource for you.