[Mediawiki-l] Using the parser inside an extension

Ev. Jugend im Kirchenkreis Bleckede - Website admin at ej-bleckede.de
Sat May 19 02:04:07 UTC 2007

Hi,

in my custom extension there's $output, which holds some text, some wiki
markup and some HTML. To parse it all with the MediaWiki parser, I have been
using the following code at the end of the render* function:

return $wgOut->parse($output);

This does not seem to work on 1.10.0, upgraded from 1.5.8. "return $output;"
works, but is, naturally, not parsed. "return $wgOut->parse('test');"
results in much the same error as the line above, which leaves me thinking
that maybe there's a new way to do this.

By the way, the apparent output of that function is
"UNIQb9c8c6d6f93b17c-extgallery-00000001-QINU". "extgallery" is the name of
my extension. I understand this output is something related to PHP and
memory management, but I could be wrong.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Julian