[Mediawiki-l] Error on compiling eaccelerator on ubuntu

Ashar Voultoiz hashar at altern.org
Fri May 18 17:09:23 UTC 2007

Samuel Lampa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to install EAccelerator on our Ubuntu server (6.06 lts) in
> order to speed up our MediaWiki sites, but compiling the source using
> "make" fails and generates an error.
>
> I'm following the instructions on
> http://advosys.ca/viewpoints/2006/10/installing-eaccelerator-in-ubuntu-server/,
> (I Installed the recommended packages et.c.).
>
> Does anybody have any hints about how to solve the problem, given the
> log below?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Samuel Lampa

>  ># make
> /bin/sh /usr/local/src/eaccelerator/eaccelerator-094/libtool
<snip>
> Apache 2.0.55 with PHP 5.1.2

Hello,

This mailing list is about the MediaWiki wiki engine, not about
eaccellerator. There is a great site on the internet that let you find
some useful stuff: www.google.com .

Your first error is:

/usr/local/src/eaccelerator/eaccelerator-094/optimize.c:253: error:
'ZEND_UNSET_DIM_OBJ' undeclared (first use in this function)

Using the above site, you get some hits for this keyword:
   http://www.google.com/search?q=zend_unset_dim_obj
The first link I had point to a post on the mailing list you should have
posted your question too:

http://osdir.com/ml/php.eaccelerator.devel/2006-01/msg00000.html

Basicly: eAccelearator 0.9.4 does not support php 5.1. For follow up,
subscribe to their list :)

cheers,

--
Ashar Voultoiz - WP++++