[Mediawiki-l] Mediawiki semantic extension allowing any triple on any page

Kelly Jones kelly.terry.jones at gmail.com
Sat May 5 22:44:06 UTC 2007

It's ugly and more bugs than code at the moment, but if you do this:

CREATE TABLE semantics (create_page TEXT, source_page TEXT, relation
TEXT, target_page TEXT);
CREATE INDEX i_create_page ON semantics(create_page(50));
CREATE INDEX i_source_page ON semantics(source_page(50));
CREATE INDEX i_target_page ON semantics(target_page(50));

and then add the attached file to LocalSettings.php (tested w/
mediawiki 1.9.3), you can create links like [[x::R::y]] on any
MediaWiki page to indicate that X relates to Y.

Semantic data for each page (even pages that don't exist yet) is
displayed at the bottom of the page.

I tried to edit existing Semantic Mediawiki code for this, but it
really seems married to a "page can only create semantic data for
itself" philosophy.

If there's enough/any interest here, please let me know, and we can
SourceForge this or something (my goals are in the comments near the
end of the attached file)