[Mediawiki-l] Enable Image upload

Alexis Moinet alexis.moinet at fpms.ac.be
Fri May 4 08:05:49 UTC 2007

Eduardo de Lagrenge a écrit :
> I am trying to upload images into wiki for some articles but it says that
> Image upload is not Enabled... How can I enable this????

open Localsettings.php and change/uncomment :

$wgEnableUploads       = true;
$wgUseImageResize      = true;

> (I do not want users to be able to upload images for now)

in Localsettings.php, add :

$wgGroupPermissions['user'    ]['upload']      	= false; #($wgGroupPermissions['*'    ]['upload']      	= false; is implicit)

only sysop will be able to upload, if you want no-one but you to be able to upload, you must set the upload right to false for everyone (bot,sysop,bureaucrat,...) and then you create a "uploader" group :

$wgGroupPermissions['uploadergroup'    ]['upload']      	= true;

and using your bureaucrat power, you set yourself in the uploadergroup group (use special page : Special:Userrights)