[Mediawiki-l] Multilingual Mediawiki?

Paul Coghlan pcoghlan at usa.net
Fri Mar 30 20:18:12 UTC 2007

I have seen you can change the interface language by changing the
$wgLanguageCode in LocalSettings.pohp and then running rebuildMessages.php
but this is a permanent change of interface.

I am looking to allow my Spanish and Italian speaking users the ability to
switch to their native language or have it flagged against their user ID
when they log in.

So, I log in and see the wiki in English. Manuel logs in and see it in
Spanish, Luigi sees it in Italian. Article content is as posted.

Does Mediawiki support this? I understand the article content will be in the
language posted but am trying to change the interface, menus etc.

Thanks,
Paul