[Mediawiki-l] Setting up email on Windows

Dave Sigafoos davesigafoos at sanmar.com
Fri Mar 30 17:42:58 UTC 2007

I found information in the defaultsettings.php for setting up email.  As
normally I should be able to cut/paste and uncomment.  Right?  (I put my
guesses for my replacements in uppercase)

/**
 * SMTP Mode
 * For using a direct (authenticated) SMTP server connection.
 * Default to false or fill an array :
 * <code>
 * "host" => 'SMTP domain',                    FOOBAR.COM
 * "IDHost" => 'domain for MessageID',         FOOBAR.COM
 * "port" => "25",                             25
 * "auth" => true/false,                       FALSE
 * "username" => user,                         ''
 * "password" => password                      ''
 * </code>
 *
 * @global mixed $wgSMTP
 */
$wgSMTP				= false;         TRUE

Now this appears to be setting for an array but the array does not
appear to be defined in the code.

What am I missing?

Basically I want to be able to send 'notifications' when the page
changes.  I tested first on the 'create user' confirmation and that is
when I got errors.

DSig
David Tod Sigafoos | SANMAR Corporation
PICK Guy