[Mediawiki-l] imported pages not found in a search after successful imports

revansx at cox.net revansx at cox.net
Thu Mar 29 20:59:50 UTC 2007

hello,

I have recently added some custom namespaces to my LocalSettings file in the prescribed way (http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Custom_namespaces) and then, using the XML that is generated by the special:export page as a template for new articles, I used the importDump.php script to import a number of articles. The new namespaces appeared in the exported XML and imports were a success according to the script. Also, I am able to see all the articles if I go to the special page: "all articles" page. So everything would seem fine, however, none of the articles show up in a search from the search tool even if I select ALL of the namespaces and their talk checkboxes. Do I need to run a maintinence script to fix something? I must add that the only thing that I have done since the imports is to add an additional few custom namespaces. -- again, what might be wrong? Are there any "database integrity" scripts that can be run as a diagnostic?
thanks in advance,
- rich (revansx)