[Mediawiki-l] Local timezone

Daniel Barrett danb at VistaPrint.com
Thu Mar 29 18:26:05 UTC 2007

Here's a stress test you can run to be sure.  Download "wget" for
Windows and write a script to hit Special:Random 1000 times.  Run 3-4 of
these simultaneously.  Under this load, I got the PHP crash within 10
seconds.  With the new PHP, I didn't see a single error.

Here's my script if you speak Bash. (Also you may need to adjust the
Special:Random URL if you aren't using short URLs.)

#!/bin/bash

if [ $# -ne 2 ]
then
  echo "Stress-test a MediaWiki server by hitting Special:Random
repeatedly"
  echo "Usage: $0 iterations mediawiki_server"
  echo "Example: $0 1000 techwiki.vistaprint.net"
  exit 1
fi
limit=$1
server=$2
i=0
while [ $i -lt $limit ]
do
 wget -O - http://$server/wiki/Special:Random
 i=`expr $i + 1`
done
echo "$0: $limit iterations on $server complete"

DanB