[Mediawiki-l] Using Wiki for documentation

John Moorhouse john.moorhouse at 3jays.me.uk
Thu Mar 29 10:27:52 UTC 2007

Frederik Dohr wrote:
>> 4) One of our documents is really a large spreadsheet.  This works well
>> for the data analysis.  But I am wondering how MW will handle a large
>> table.  This might be something better to store in a secondary page and
>> link from the 'Data Analysis' heading page

An alternative I've used is to continue to use the spreadsheet so it
will do the calculations but then have either a macro or an extra
workbook that allows you to output the result in wikitext including the
wiki table syntax and then paste it into the wiki, this does rather
depend on the frequency of updating etc needed.

Ta

John