[Mediawiki-l] Using Wiki for documentation

Frederik Dohr fdg001 at gmx.net
Thu Mar 29 08:36:04 UTC 2007

>>> 4) One of our documents is really a large spreadsheet.  This works well
>>> for the data analysis.  But I am wondering how MW will handle a large
>>> table.  This might be something better to store in a secondary page and
>>> link from the 'Data Analysis' heading page
>> Not sure whether a wiki is the right environment for working with
>> spreadsheets; editing large and complex table with wiki markup can be
>> ... challenging. (Not to mention that spreadsheet-like calculations are
>> not yet possible.)
>
> You may have a try with wikicalc: http://www.softwaregarden.com/wkcalpha/

Thanks for this link; I'd read about wikiCalc a while ago, but it was
just a very early demonstration back then - plus I couldn't remember its
name...
Great to see it's out of beta!

-- F.