[Mediawiki-l] Total pages (not legit content pages) reporting incorrectly after merge

Charles Collis charles.collis at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 14:17:56 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I have mentioned this issue previously but as there was no response I shall
have another attempt, this time being clearer and more succinct!

I have an issue with two wikis that I have merged in that the total no. of
pages in the special:statistics page is being mis-reported,  (please note
I'm not talking about the 'legitimate content pages' number). Although all
the page titles do seem to be present when I go to Special:Allpages.

I am concerned that if that figure is being read directly from a table, that
there may be data integrity issues - can I trust this combined wiki enough
to make it live and operational? Or is it possible that the figure for total
number of articles has simply become 'stuck' somehow?

After I ran rebuildall.php all the statistics remained fixed at the values
they were at before I appended the second wiki, although after I ran
updateArticleCount.php, the figure for legitimate content page then doubled,
although not the figure for total no. of pages...

Is this normal?

Thanks for any assistance.

Regards,
Charles.