[Mediawiki-l] return of the "Re: custom" posts

revansx at cox.net revansx at cox.net
Mon Mar 26 20:23:52 UTC 2007

Hi, I may not ask this question correctly, but please meet me half-way. I wish to modify the "monobook.php" file at the line which renders the top page title into the "firstHeading" portion of the page. The php syntax is:

<?php $this->text('title') ?>

and it provides the page title at the top of the wiki entry. I wish to get it to provide the wikidb's pages table's "pageid" number as part of the title. Something like this:

"PageID:#7654, My Page Title"

where pageid=7654 and
pagetitle="My Page Title"

Based of a recomendation from an earlier post (thanks Rob!), I tried to add the following php code to the top of the "monobook.php" file:

global $wgTitle;
$id = $wgTitle->getArticleId();

and then modified the firstHeading code as:

PageID:#<?php $ID ?>, <?php $this->text('title') ?>

but this didn't work and it crashed the page such that it wouldn't even render at all (just a blank white page with no error message).

I have 3 questions:

Q1 - Why didn't it work?

Q2 - What do do i need to do to get it to work.

Q3 - where is the "$this" class described so that I can see what page information i have available (I'm asking for a link please).

thanks,
- rich (revansx)