[Mediawiki-l] simultaneous edition

Ricardo Rodríguez webmaster at xen.net
Mon Mar 26 09:00:34 UTC 2007

---
Ricardo Rodríguez
Your XEN ICT Team
>>> Platonides<Platonides at gmail.com> 24/03/07 8:23 >>>

>This is done to make the second user aware of the changes, so
>he can merge both.

Thanks. It is now clear to me. And this is the problem at the same time: it is clear to me but it I am not sure I will be able to convince team members to expend time understanding it.

>Then the second one would simply "won" without noticing.
>
>One solution could be stating that before editing very-used
>articles they had to do a microedit adding a template
>
>{{i'm editing this|~~~~}}
>and then do the full edit (removing the template on it) so if
>a user wants to edit an article and it has the template, he
>should wait (if the template was added recently, of course).
>Another way could be doing one edit per section. Edits on
>different sections merge gracefully, and an edit conflict on a
>section will be small.
>
>Saludos

The template works great. But, could you figure out how to automatically introduce it at the top of the document/section to be edited when you hit the edit button and automatically remove it when hitting the Save one?

This will avoid to relly on the user action to copy/paste/remove the template to warn other users she/he is editing the concerning section.

Could it be a feature request?

Saludos!