[Mediawiki-l] Update rss/recentchanges list with a mediawiki extension?

Jim Wilson wilson.jim.r at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 05:53:58 UTC 2007

> I'd like to update the recentchanges/rss list. How is this possible?

The only things which show up in recentchanges are changes to the wikitext
of an article.  If your tag extension is pulling in data from another
source, this *may* change the rendered page, but this won't affect
recentchanges.

The reason I say it *may* change the rendered page is due to caching.  Tags
are evaluated once - at render time, not on every page view (unless caching
has been disabled).

-- Jim R. Wilson (jimbojw)