[Mediawiki-l] simultaneous edition

Fred Bauder fredbaud at waterwiki.info
Sat Mar 24 13:39:43 UTC 2007

I'm not sure if your question is about coding or editing. When an edit conflict happens you need to hit your back button and save the new content, which, hopefully, is in a compact section. Then you need to take a look at the other edit, by checking the edit history. Not a good idea to simply replace it. If both edits are spread all over the page, all you can do is start over. So a good habit not to make extensive edits over the entire text of a popular article, especially if you are taking a lot of time. I can't imagine a coding solution for conflicts between two edits when both make numerous changes spread over the whole article.

Fred