[Mediawiki-l] simultaneous edition

Your EPEC ICT Team - Ricardo Rodríguez webmaster at xen.net
Sat Mar 24 12:49:02 UTC 2007

>>> Platonides at gmail.com> 24/3/2007 00:24 >>

>Without it, almost always two people edit the same page at the same
>time, the second one get an 'edit conflict'. With it, it automatically
>merges most of them without annoying the user.
>
>Un saludo

The problem seems to be that we frequently are out of the "almost always" :-)

What is the behaviour must we expect when this happens? As far as we see here, once the "second" user hits the Save button, it is redirected to a kind of "difference between revisions" showing the differences between the current version and the "in troubles" page.

Please, how must we proceed? By saving the wiki markup in, for instance, a notepad file, login out (if anonymous edition is disable as it is here, waiting until the page is available and copy-pasting then what we consider the new markup? I think this is a bit dangerous: I don't know if more changes have been introduced since I copied the page contents.

Any advice will be welcome! Thank you in advance,

Saludos!

Ricardo

--
Ricardo Rodríguez