[Mediawiki-l] Template:Familytree Help

Gabriel Millerd gmillerd at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 03:54:14 UTC 2007

I am trying to use Template:Familytree from Wikipedia on my own Wiki
and I am not having much luck at all

These are the templates I have isolated ...

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Familytree
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Familytree/start
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Familytree/step2
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Familytree/end
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Familytree/doc

... the output is a partial encoded HTML of the Templates themselves
(I just see HTML tags) and its not transformed (the Family nodes names
don't appear in the tree).

While "This template employs intricate features of template syntax."
is an understatement. I am sure the source of the problem I have can
be seen when looking at the
"[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Familytree/end]end[/url]"
template ...

</noinclude>

on wikipedia you see no HTML but on my install (v1.9.3) I actually see
the closing table tag. Seems like I am missing a server directive or a
protected tag.

Any help? Thanks very much, I would really like to get this powerful
template work.