[Mediawiki-l] "Remember me" checkbox not working, session problem (not in FAQ)

Daniel Barrett danb at VistaPrint.com
Thu Mar 22 21:49:56 UTC 2007

I found the problem why the "Remember my login" checkbox had stopped
working on my site.  I had secured the MediaWiki login page with SSL
(https), and as a result, cookies were being created as secure, which
made them inaccessible to the regular http site. Thus, I lost my session
and got handed a new one.

To prevent this, I set $wgCookieSecure = false in LocalSettings.php, and
all is well.

If anyone is interested in my secure login page "extension," here it is,
ready for inclusion in LocalSettings.php:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Configuration_tips_and_tricks#HTTPS_
on_Login_only

- DanB
(maiden_taiwan on meta.wikimedia.org)