[Mediawiki-l] custom

revansx at cox.net revansx at cox.net
Thu Mar 22 13:01:46 UTC 2007

Does anyone know if the wikidb pages table's "pageid" value is available as a global php variable throughout the page rendering process. If so, I could use it in the stylesheet. right!? anyone?

Gunter asked me:
> Why don't you use an ID-Number that you use as article name,
> which then redirects to the correct product?
> There you have your link, too.

That idea did occur to me, but that solution puts too much responsibility on the part of the authors to care about the database side of the system. The system must take care of itself in terms of a unique identifier. I'm looking to exploit the wikidb databases primary key to provide the users with "new" and unique IDs to ensure that a 1:1 correspondance will exists with the page and a referenced item in the real world.

And special thanks to Rob for pointing out the following:

>> Also, how can I create a link in an external document
>> (like an email or a PDF) that points directly to a wiki
>> page referenced explicitly by the pageid with no
>> knowledge of the page's title?
>>

>http://host/path/to/index.php?title=-&curid=<page id>

Bingo! thanks!

I been reading this list long enough, Rob, to know that your one of the heavy hitters. Can you provide some insight into the question above?

Continued thanks to all,
- Rich (revansx)