[Mediawiki-l] simultaneous edition

Ricardo Rodríguez - Your XEN ICT Team webmaster at xen.net
Thu Mar 22 08:49:22 UTC 2007

>>> Jim Wilsonwilson.jim.r at gmail.com> 22/3/2007 02:07 >>
>Why is this a problem?  If editors are working on different sections, they _shouldn't_ conflict too much.
>
>-- Jim R. Wilson (jimbojw)

They do! During this very last week, they have been complaining about save doesn't work. We frequently have several users copy-editing, adding, removing text, tables or figures to an article/report that must be shortly delivered.

We will find useful some kind of warning as "be careful, another user is editing this section!" or "this section is blocked for edition by user xxxxxxxxx".

Anybody else having this problem? Any workaround other than a chat system to avoid conflicts? Could this be a feature request? Thanks!

Cheers,

Ricardo

--
Ricardo Rodríguez