[Mediawiki-l] simultaneous edition

Ricardo Rodríguez - Your XEN ICT Team webmaster at xen.net
Wed Mar 21 22:37:42 UTC 2007

Hi all out there,

People in our small group is increasingly involved in collaborative edition using MediaWiki software. That is great and pay any former effort to get them involved!

BUT, I am facing a new and, as far as I can view, challenging issue: each day is more frequent that two or more persons simultaneously work on the same article.

As far as I can see, there is no built in utility/feature to manage/prevent this to happen. I found Synchroedit quite interesting, but it is not an obvious solution and it will required some time playing around. I've also read something about another extension that implements kind of chat within MediaWiki but it is not clear to me yet if it is ready to be used or is an in development initiative.

Thus, please, could you please point me to the present/possible solution to workaround this issue?

Thank you very much for your help,

Ricardo

--
Ricardo Rodríguez