[Mediawiki-l] install problem

Jim Hu jimhu at tamu.edu
Wed Mar 21 20:35:34 UTC 2007

I know I've encountered and gotten past this before, but the previous
fixes aren't working for me.
Installing 1.9.3 on Mac OSX 10.4 server
I think he install fails when it hands over mysql from root to
wikiuser.  Reloading, the installer starts to update and the error is:

Deleting old default messages...DB connection error: Unknown error
(dimer.local)

This is related to Apple's annoying practice of making localhost not
work as a hostname for mysql.  In the past, I just went into mysql
and changed the host in the user and db tables.  I must be forgetting
something.

Jim

Jim Hu
Associate Professor