[Mediawiki-l] Problems with repairing searchindex

Shannon Adams shannon_adams68 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 20 14:09:11 UTC 2007

I posted a question last night regarding three letter searching.  I found a thread from last month that detailed what I needed to do.  I am down to repairing the searchindex table, but I am getting errors.  The commands I used are below.

mysql --user=root --password=***** wiki_it

mysql> show tables;
<shows all tables following be 35 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> show columns from searchindex;
ERROR 1016 (HY000): Can't open file: 'searchindex.MYI' (errno: 145)

mysql> repair wiki_it.searchindex;
ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'wiki_it.searchindex' at line 1

Any help is appreciated.

Shannon