[Mediawiki-l] excluding namespaces from RecentChanges

Frederik Dohr fdg001 at gmx.net
Mon Mar 19 16:40:06 UTC 2007

I've tried this today - unsuccessfully:

In SpecialRecentchanges.php, I've changed the code as you've described:
     'namespace' => null
to either one of the following:
     'namespace' => '2',
     'namespace' => 2,	/* not sure if that makes a difference in PHP */
     'namespace' => NS_USER, /* probably the best solution */
(as well as changing "invert" to true)

However, nothing has changed whatsoever; the RecentChanges list is still
the same (I've also tried it with the URL parameter "action=purge", but
to no avail).
Even if I do not invert the results (i.e. only want to display results
from the USER namespace), the RecentChanges list does not change one bit.

This is very puzzling to me - though I assume there's a very simple
explanation for it... !?

-- F.