[Mediawiki-l] access controls in 1.9.3

Frederich, Eric P21322 eric.frederich at siemens.com
Mon Mar 19 15:26:46 UTC 2007

Hello,

I have just upgraded our corporate Wiki to MediaWiki 1.9.3.
Almost a year ago when I first installed the Wiki here, I was looking
around for some access control solutions.
I was wondering if any work has been done recently to have per-page
access controls or if the situation is still like it was before.

If nothing is built into 1.9.3, are there any good compatible extensions
to use for this?

What my users are looking for is a way for some pages themselves to be
only editable by a handful of people but the discussion page is editable
by anyone.

I think I heard once before about a plug-in or extension that would mark
off certain pages as approved.  This doesn't fit the request above but
seems like it could be nice.  I'm not sure how this compares to the
"Patrolled" thing built in.

It would be real nice to have both of these kinds of controls if they
don't step on each other's feet.  I can picture a real nice "Approval"
extension where a page that is under this kind of control always
displays the current version but has a block on the top of the page
telling you that the page may contain unapproved information and provide
a link to the latest approved version.  Of course, the block telling you
all of this should not be able to be removed.

If someone is aware of either of these kinds of extensions, please let
me know.

~Eric