[Mediawiki-l] subpages retroactively

Frederik Dohr FDG001 at gmx.net
Mon Mar 19 10:55:15 UTC 2007

Hello all,

After first installing our wiki, I did not activate subpages (I didn't know that you had to). Now I've enabled them by adding
    $wgNamespacesWithSubpages[NS_MAIN] = true;
to LocalSettings.php, and all seems to work fine.

However, there are a few previously-created (pseudo-)subpages - e.g. User:WikiSysOp/ToDo - which are not converted to "proper" subpages automatically. They seem to be regarded simply as pages with a slash in their title (thus missing the automatic "breadcrumbs" link to the parent page).
Is there any way I can fix that? Normally I'd delete the respective pages and re-create them from scratch - but since it's not possible to completely erase all records of an existing page (AFAIK), that's not an option here.

Thanks,

F.

Jetzt GMX ProMail testen: www.gmx.net/de/go/mailfooter/promail-out