[Mediawiki-l] Questions about Priviledges/Tuning in MediaWiki

johan.boye at latecoere.fr johan.boye at latecoere.fr
Thu Mar 15 10:09:49 UTC 2007

Hello,

 I am quite new in the Mediawiki world but I am trying actively to
introduce it in my Company for online work but I have a couple of
security related questions. I also know Wiki has been made to be open as
much as possible that is why the editing granularity privileges are not
fully implemented.

 About my config:
  Linux Apache 2.0.* with Mediawiki 1.9.3 tweaked to run with .php5
files (5.1.6)
  Extension:HttpAuth & MultipleUpload plug-ins added who works perfectly

 Basically, I need to fix a couple of things before put it in
production:
   1) I would like to restrict access by 'area' in the wiki, on the
Mediawiki logic, sound like I should go on the Category restriction way.
SO, Is there a way to restrict the "editors" by category?  (I tested
'Extension:Group Based Access Control',
'Extension:DisallowAccessOnCategory' who gives me PHP error or doesn't
have any effect)
   2) I would like to improve the number of icons in the editor (like
wikipedia did with icons & tools tips at the bottom), is there a tut
somewhere to add functions ? (tables / categories / gallery & so on) (I
tried AddButtonExtention but i have this error : "Parse error: syntax
error, unexpected '-', expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or '$' in
/mnt/intranet/IE/wiki/extensions/AddButtonExtension/AddButtonExtension.p
hp on line 60")  (Maybe because I'm using php4 with .php & .php5 for
php5 ?)

   Thanks by advance

	Johan

"Les informations contenues dans ce message electronique peuvent etre de nature confidentielles et soumises a une obligation de secret. Elles sont destinees a l'usage exclusif du reel destinataire. Si vous n'etes pas le reel destinataire, ou si vous recevez ce message par erreur, merci de le detruire immediatement et de le notifier a son emetteur."

 "The information contained in this e-mail may be privileged and confidential. It is intended for the exclusive use of the designated recipients named above. If you are not the intended recipient or if you receive this e-mail in error, please delete it and immediately notify the sender."