[Mediawiki-l] server creation of new wiki pages without using abrowser pages.

revansx at cox.net revansx at cox.net
Wed Mar 14 20:42:59 UTC 2007

Hi Jim,

I know I'm gettin' close on this just a few more questions:

Like you said:
I used the Special:Export page at:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Export
and requested some random page name.
..and presto....XML code..cool!

However, I got a lot of "<Namespace key=>" tags.
What are they?

Otherwise, I think I'm ready to do this :-)

And here is another problem along the same lines.
Assuming I have a "golden" XML version of a wiki page,
is there a maintinence script which will update an existing wiki page based on an externally provided XML file.

continued thanks,
- rich