[Mediawiki-l] server creation of new wiki pages without using a browser pages.

revansx at cox.net revansx at cox.net
Tue Mar 13 15:24:52 UTC 2007

Hi Folks,
I'm new to the forum and I'm looking to write a PHP script that generates (from the same server as is running the mediawiki) a new, orphaned, wiki page and also creates the initial page content as an automated server action.

I have another database for a company application which contains a large table of items (+10k items) for which I wish to generate wiki entries for.

So here's my question: --- What are the steps to manually crate a new wiki page in the mediawiki MySQL database without using the mediawiki web-pages? For example, if I were going to make a page and add content to it exclusively from a tool like "phpMyAdmin".

I'm not looking (specifically) for the php code to do this. I just need to know what the sequence of events is (like an algorithm) and what pitfalls to look out for.

I don't want to make the wiki unstable. My goal is that when the PHP script I intend to write is done, the MySQLWiki database wouldn't know that it wasn't added by a typical user using the wiki's broswer interface.

Thanks (in advance),

-revansx