[Mediawiki-l] Multiple wikis sharing single database and same database prefix

Jim Hu jimhu at tamu.edu
Sat Mar 10 02:19:18 UTC 2007

We discovered this when we had a split wiki with private and public
parts.  And then we ran a Nutch search engine against our own wiki
and saw all these hits that weren't supposed to be there.

The watermark idea sounds like it might be interesting.  You wouldn't
have to map the IPs...so what if the public users see the fact that
it's a public wiki?
Or, maybe you could just set up your private users to use a different
skin that displays the warning.
Jim Hu
Associate Professor
Dept. of Biochemistry and Biophysics