[Mediawiki-l] Bulk import 6500 records into the template namespace

khuffman at NGS.ORG khuffman at NGS.ORG
Fri Mar 9 13:56:59 UTC 2007

Hi, I need advice on how to bulk import 6500 records/articles from Excel
into the MediaWiki's Template namespace.  I'm using MediaWiki 1.8.x (but
may be upgrading/installing a new version for this project, so version may
be 1.9.x).

It looks like I can convert my Excel sheet to CSV and the two tables I
would need to use are PAGE TABLE and TEXT TABLE.

My questions are:
1) What do I need to do to massage my data to "fit" the required data for
the tables? How do I ensure that I've created the correct "hooks" between
the tables.
2) Can I use phpMyAdmin to do this?

Thank you, Karen