[Mediawiki-l] Changing username rules?

Thomas Fogh thomas_fogh at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 7 08:09:33 UTC 2007

Hi,

I want to change the username rules to allow lowercase & underscores ('_').
I was able to change some code in User.php to allow the creation of an account with the new rules.
I'm also able to log-in on the new account, but when I try to change the user rights using SpecialPages:UserRights,
it just says the username doesn't exist?

Can somehow provide me with a list of all the functions that needs to be changed to fully implement my new rules?

Thanks!

Best regards,
Thomas Fogh

PS. As I searched the internet for an answer I saw that the most common change people do to MediaWiki is changing the username rules.
Unfortunately all use a very old version of MediaWiki and combine the change with a AuthPlugin using different kinds of databases,
so the various modified wikis I found weren't useful for me.
Maybe a few options on the username rules when setting up wiki would be helpful to a lot of people...