[Mediawiki-l] BPMN 2 Image Convertor (Previously posted in gmane.science.linguistics.wikipedia.technical)

Paul van Erk p.vanerk at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 08:20:39 UTC 2007

Hi guys,

I previously posted this message on
gmane.science.linguistics.wikipedia.technical so I am sorry if you are
reading this post for the second time. I hope someone on this mailinglist
can help me.

The idea is an user can upload a *.bpmn file to a wike. The Business Process
Modelling Notation is a notation to model business processes. At the end of
the post I have included links to some examples and the XML-specification of
the BPMN.

After the post an extension converts the file automatically to a
(thumbnail )image format which can be displayed on the page, you can do for
example the same with images (ImageMagick;
http://www.imagemagick.org/script/command-line-tools.php). Every time
somebody uploads a new *.bpmn file, the new file should be shown as a
thumbnail.

So the idea a user can download a process from the Wiki, make some
adjustments in the process (with a local BPMN-editor) and upload the new
process to the wiki.

Is there an extension or application available which can take care of this.
Of course it would be even better to have an online  BPMN-file editor but I
guess that's one bridge too far for now.

Thanks!

Paul van Erk

Example of Business Process (.PNG format):
http://www.swoopshare.com/file/1815e14d9d4616fd6e98a4fc719ba1b9/Manage+Compensation.png.html

The BPMN-file of the Business Process:
http://www.swoopshare.com/file/35ca7e9e35002b4be11176ff8c72eb98/Manage+Compensation.bpmn.html

XML-schema of BPMN: