[Mediawiki-l] MediaWiki-l Digest, Vol 42, Issue 3

Dhruba Bandopadhyay dhruba.bandopadhyay at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 2 16:48:17 UTC 2007

Our manuals for customers/clients are in Word and specially laid out (every odd page has a wide left margin, small right margin.. and vice versa for the odd pages. the styles/fonts, title page). Word2MediaWikiPlus only converts the basics (section headings, tables, lists, images, colours). It's very hard to replicate the Word page-design layout in Wiki.

The reason why for the wiki is that documentation/manuals always get repeatly updated, by multiple people. Plus the Word files were decentralised, Wiki is centralised.