[Mediawiki-l] Looking for MW Business Users

Jack Eapen C jackec at suntecgroup.com
Fri Jun 29 05:00:13 UTC 2007

I hope (and I can only hope) somebody will come up with features that
make MW a natural choice in business wikis as well. As Dave pointed out,
an inbuilt WYSWYG editor is everyone's dream. Other than that, I think a
wiki administrator would like to have built in features in MW as:

Different authentication mechanisms like LDAP, NTLM
UI for creating users, groups and assigning users to groups
UI for creating categories and assigning categories to articles
UI-based access control mechanism based on article categories/user
groups and usernames
Review mechanism if needed
Rating of articles

Regards,

Jack
"Techies are like stars--they rise and set, they have the worship of the
world, but no repose"