[Mediawiki-l] <tt> crash error

Getzke, John jgetzke at ptc.com
Thu Jun 28 21:43:17 UTC 2007

I couldnt find any articles on it in the archive so I thought I should
let it be known.

Yesterday we recieved a report that a particular page would cause a
fatal error and crash the browser in IE only.  It was hard to believe
but true.  After checking through the code we noticed what the problem
was... a syntax error.  We mad the following correction to the page:

:<tt>ptcHTMLAnchor("Actions").Click
ptcHTMLTD("   Create Document").Click 'three extra spaces</tt>

Into

:<tt>ptcHTMLAnchor("Actions").Click
:ptcHTMLTD("   Create Document").Click 'three extra spaces</tt>

For some reason, one user left out a semicolon from one line on the
page.  When we put it back the crashing stoped and the page has been
stable since.  Its strange how the error only happened in IE and no
others.

John Getzke