[Mediawiki-l] PHP XML problem during installation

Jeffrey Benner jeffrey at ebenner.com
Wed Jun 27 00:08:52 UTC 2007

I am encountering the WikiMedia error that several other people have
reported: "PHP's XML module is missing; the wiki requires functions
in this module and won't work in this configuration. "

I have already grepped Google Groups and the MediaWiki archives for
help on this, nothing really useful yet.

Details: I am installing MediaWiki 1.10.0
Database: MySQL PostgreSQL 5.0
PHP 5
OS: FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE #28

The errors I am getting:

Please include all of the lines below when reporting installation problems.
    * PHP 5.2.2 installed
    * Found database drivers for: MySQL PostgreSQL
    * PHP server API is apache2handler; ok, using pretty URLs
(index.php/Page_Title) PHP's XML module is missing; the wiki requires
functions in this module and won't work in this configuration. If
you're running Mandrake, install the php-xml package.

But PHP XML is installed, pkg_info results:

pkg_info | grep -i xml
expat-2.0.0_1       XML 1.0 parser written in C
fontconfig-2.4.2_2,1 An XML-based font configuration API for X Windows
libxml2-2.6.27      XML parser library for GNOME
linux-expat-1.95.8  Linux/i386 binary port of Expat XML-parsing library
p5-XML-LibXML-1.63000 Interface to Gnome libxml2 library
p5-XML-LibXML-Common-0.13 Routines and Constants common for
XML::LibXML and XML::GDOM
p5-XML-LibXSLT-1.59 Perl interface to the GNOME XSLT library
p5-XML-NamespaceSupport-1.09_1 A simple generic namespace support class
p5-XML-SAX-0.15     Simple API for XML
php5-simplexml-5.2.3 The simplexml shared extension for php
php5-xml-5.2.3      The xml shared extension for php
php5-xmlreader-5.2.3 The xmlreader shared extension for php
php5-xmlwriter-5.2.3 The xmlwriter shared extension for php

I can provide phpinfo() info but I am reluctant to post the entire
thing to this list.

Can anyone help me get past this? If I cannot I probably am not
installing MediaWiki.

Thanks,

Jef Benner 312-520-0090