[Mediawiki-l] Section Transclusion

KAndreou at rccl.com KAndreou at rccl.com
Fri Jun 22 17:22:00 UTC 2007

You can duplicate the section. For example, have the same text in a
<includeonly></includeonly> and then again in a <noinclude></noinclude>

=======================================
Kimon Andreou
Information Technology
Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd.
SW 389-1
14700 Caribbean Way
Miramar, FL 33027
Tel: (954) 517-5460
Cell: (954) 309-7141

Michael Daly <michaeldaly at kayakwiki.org>
Sent by: mediawiki-l-bounces at lists.wikimedia.org
22-06-07 12:47
Please respond to
MediaWiki announcements and site admin list
<mediawiki-l at lists.wikimedia.org>

MediaWiki announcements and site admin list
<mediawiki-l at lists.wikimedia.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [Mediawiki-l] Section Transclusion

Thomas Dalton wrote:

> If that's the only section you want to transclude (ie. the other
> sections aren't transcluded elsewhere) then you should be able to get
> what you want by putting <includeonly></includeonly> around that
> section

As far as I can tell, that only works for transclusion from templates,
not from articles.  If I use <includeonly>...</includeonly> in an
article, it does not show the text.  Is there a secret to get it to work
for articles?

Mike