[Mediawiki-l] Possible? one mediawiki + one database = several sites?

Michael 'Smoerble' Stock smoerble at smoerble.de
Fri Jun 22 11:50:47 UTC 2007

Good day,
I would like to host several projects on several domains with only one installation of mediawiki and one database.

Questions:
1) Can this be done with one installation of mediawiki?
2) Do I have to install one mediawiki for each domain?
3) Can I use a different layout for each project?
4) domain 1 should display only articles of catageory 1, domain 2 of category 2 etc. Is this possible?
5) Is it possible to have "shared" content too: domain 1 displays only catgeory 1, but domain 2 displays articles of categories 1 AND 2?

Thank you
Smo