[Mediawiki-l] MediaWiki Login Doesn't Stick

Scott Thile sethile.pipes at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 20:43:52 UTC 2007

Hello folks,

Please forgive me, I'm new to this. Searched the archives and found my
non-sticking log in problem mentioned (I can log in, but as soon as I change
pages the login is lost). The solution mentioned was to set the
sessions.save_path in my php.ini file.

BTW, I'm using Mediawiki version 1.10.0 with PHP version 4.4.1 on a Linux
server running Apache and hosted by PHPwebhoisting.

I don't have direct access to the php.ini file but can use an .htaccess file
to adjust it per directory. I have tried adding uploading the .htaccess file
with Ascii to the directory above my mediawiki installation, and then
changing the permissions as recommended etc...

I've tried using the following lines to no avail:

php_value session.save_path "/tmp"
php_value session.save_path /tmp

Also tried keeping the session on my part of the server, but that dose not
seem to work either.

Any suggestions?

Thanks a bunch!
Scott