[Mediawiki-l] Access & Speed Issues

Granite Web Design (UK) info at graniteweb.co.uk
Thu Jun 21 17:42:44 UTC 2007

Hi all,

My wiki is sometimes not loading at all or when it does load it can be
very very slow.  It is only the wiki directory that is affected, no
other directories so it is not the server speed.

The wiki directory has security on it in the form of simple htaccess.

The MediaWiki version is 1.6.8, with the server on PHP 5.2.2 and MySQL
on 5.0.21.

This problem has only just started to happen and the hosts WebFusion
are certain it is nothing to do with them although I am not too sure.
They argue it is the security but I don't see how that could be as it
has always been fine.

There are some extensions installed, is anything not supposed to work
behind htaccess?

Any help would be very appreciative.

Kind regards,

Niall