[Mediawiki-l] New Project - Special Page?

Dave Sigafoos davesigafoos at sanmar.com
Tue Jun 19 18:49:54 UTC 2007

I have a new project to write and wanted to get some feed back ..

we have a process that populates directories under 'uploads' with
specific source. We currently have 5 subdirectories housing very
different documents.

We want to be able to get a listing of the directories and select one,
then get a listing of the files and allow selecting one of them.  This
will cause a display of the data in a 'wiki' formatted page.

I already have test php functions doing the dir bits and displaying bits
but

1) it is my guess this is a 'special' page and should follow the rules
of 'Writing a new special page' (and template).

2) my 2 directory functions can be included at the beginning of the page
(before class definition) to be accessible in the class.

3) Simply parse the data making the HTML page using addHtml

I want to be able to use the 'Extension:SyntaxHighlight_GeSHi'.  How do
I make it so that the page will go through that process before
displaying (or will it automatically be processed this way?).  I get
that I add the <source /> tags ..

Thanks

DSig
David Tod Sigafoos | SANMAR Corporation