[Mediawiki-l] How to add sub-pages of "special:nnnpages" to navigation bar?

Monahon, Peter B. Peter.Monahon at USPTO.GOV
Tue Jun 19 13:12:11 UTC 2007

> Peter Blaise wrote : adding a link to
> Mediawiki:Sidebar, how to make a
> relative link to any namespace rather
> than a specific page URL?  For instance,
> this works:
> ** special:allpages|Article index
> but how to show all TALK pages, for
> instance?

> Alexis wrote: simply ...
{{SERVER}}{{localurl:Special:Allpages}}?&from=&namespace=1
> ... [and later] ... Oops, after some
> further testing, it seems that we all
> missed the easy one:
[[Special:Allpages/Talk:]]
> (there is a semi-colon at the end), moreover,
[[Special:Allpages/Talk:Nn]]

--

Peter Blaise responds:

THANK YOU, Alexis,

Wow, I am not worthy!  I've been searching and reading about templates
and variables at the scattered resources at MediaWiki.org and
Wikipedia.org and Meta.MediaWiki.org and there is much power in those
simple tools.  Great exploration and simplification, and JUST what I was
after!

Thank you!

- Peter Blaise