[Mediawiki-l] Trying to upgrade from 1.6.7 to 1.10

Ori Redler oriredle at actcom.co.il
Sun Jun 17 18:19:49 UTC 2007

Hi To all,

When trying to upgrade MW from 1.6.7 (no less!) I am held by this
message:
PHP 5.1.6 installed
Found database drivers for: MySQL
Warning: PHP's safe mode is active. You may have problems caused by
this, particularly if using image uploads.
PHP server API is apache2handler; ok, using pretty URLs (index.php/
Page_Title)
Have XML / Latin1-UTF-8 conversion support.
Your session save path appears to be invalid or is not writable. PHP
needs to be able to save data to this location in order for correct
session operation. Please check that session.save_path in PHP.ini
points to a valid path, and is read/write/execute for the user your
web server is running under.

The last line is, I guess, the most pertinent -- the upgrade is not
performed. Note that I also have a "config" folder in the level above
the /wiki/ -- I did not put it there, but I think it is not relevant
to the case in hand, as I'm trying this with http://myserver/wiki/
config/index.php

If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated.

Ori Redler